Investors in Families:
During the last academic year (2019-2020) we embarked upon an exciting new project here at Riverbank School. The enrolment on to the Investors in Families scheme saw us begin to celebrate all the fantastic work we are doing within our local communities and partnership schools to support families in every aspect of life.
An example of some of the projects we have embarked upon are:
- Social events such as the Christmas play, Fair, Macmillan coffee mornings, parent evenings, stay and play sessions, summer fete, family fun days and more!
- The trailing of Seesaw in some classes as an online tool to engage both parents/carers and pupils with their learning.
- Developing new and current partnerships including the all inclusive dance company Flamingo Chicks, Nordoff Robbins music therapy sessions, Welsh National Opera, Cardiff City Football, Open Orchestra.
- Rubicon dance sessions which have resulted in a performance in St. David's hall, where parents/carers can buy tickets in order to watch their child perform alongside many Cardiff schools.
- The development of multiagency support networks including Speech and Language therapists, Occupational Therapists, Paediatricians, Dentists and more.
- The development of our website to include relevant and updated policies, reports and contacts in order to signpost parents/carers to relevant contacts
- Social media platforms are up and running, regularly updating our families and local communities about the fantastic progress made here at Riverbank school
- Workshops offered to parents including toileting, sensory integration and communication with more being developed for the upcoming year including PREVENT, behaviour and safeguarding
- Embarking upon the Creative Leads School project to develop creative learning across the new curriculum
- Achieving our Rights Respecting Schools Bronze Award
- Working towards our Healthy Schools level 4 award and supporting families with making healthy lifestyle choices
Due to COVID-19 and the closure of schools, we were unable to be assessed for the Emerald Standard award, however, now things are up and running again, we will hopefully be able to receive accreditation very soon- so watch this space!