Update from ALL INCLUSIVE DANCE COMPANY - FLAMINGO CHICKS:
Let's get our kids dancing during lockdown! Free and accessible #activelearning from @flamingochicks at www.flamingochicks.org/athome . Travel to space with @flamingochicks’ #activelearning dance classes. Designed specifically for disabled children and their families, Makaton signed and adapted for a range of abilities: www.flamingochicks.org/athome . These classes are suitable for children with a wide variety of needs, including those with complex medical needs or life limiting conditions as well as children with learning disabilities and physical impairments. They’re equally engaging for children without additional needs too, so perfect for siblings to join in.
There are two classes are available so far, with more coming very soon:
SPACE THEME: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxhu2oh--8c
CINDERELLA/CHEMISTRY THEME: https://youtu.be/yXwBd856qKI
*Plus* extra resources for added learning:
Sensory Science experiments with Dr Sarah Bearchell
Sensory arts and crafts with Designer, Sam Williams
Inclusion themed stories read by celebrities (with Makaton)
Guided relaxation for parents/carers
Update from OPEN ORCHESTRA:
Phil and Emma are working extremely hard to make weekly videos, audio clips and "tasks" for the Open Orchestra pupils to do if they wish from home. This includes weekly "how to make your own instruments" from items they might have at home. These will be going out onto our website - www.artsactive.org.uk - as a resource for everyone to access.
As a school we use a range of apps and websites which our pupils are familiar with and which play a fundamental part in their learning. Majority of these apps are mobile friendly and can be accessed using apple devices or android. These apps and websites include:
- Purple Mash - each child will have an individualised log in. Please contact us if you do not have this information available.
- Helpkidslearn - Username: riverbank Password: Riverbank123
- Twinkl - this has been made free throughout the coronavirus epidemic
- BBC - cbeebies, bedtime stories and bitesize - www.bbc.co.uk
- Story Telling: https://www.facebook.com/oliverjeffersart (every day at 6pm!)
- Singing hands - Makaton practise - https://singinghands.co.uk/
- English games - www.funenglishgames.com
- Joe Wicks DAILY live P.E sessions for kids at 9am on weekdays: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
- Primary Times online: www.primarytimes.co.uk/cardiff