Our school values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
Riverbank School Vision Statement
We aim to achieve, through purposeful partnerships, a high quality education for all pupils.
The purpose of Riverbank School is to create a professional environment in which pupils can receive their curriculum entitlement. We have high expectations and hope to enable pupils to achieve the following goals:
- high achievement for all, regardless of ability, gender, class and ethnicity.
- To learn how to learn and to learn how to play.
- To gain the best possible level of independence appropriate to their age and ability.#
- To be able to make appropriate, informed choices.
- To be aware of danger and the need for safety at all times.
- To be able to communicate in a range of settings and for different audiences.
- To be able to behave and respond appropriately in a range of different situations, with regard for the feelings and the well being of others.
- To celebrate success and be aware of their own strengths and skills, leading to raised self-esteem.
In order to achieve these goals, we begin with the individual needs of the child. These needs encompass the whole child – not just the academic, but also the social, behavioural, medical and moral needs.